Risotto with bacon wrapped chicken and oyster mushrooms – by Daniele Vischetti (Vue De Monde)15 Oct 2020
Prep: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 4 serves
Brought to you by Daniele Vischetti (of Melbourne’s Vue de Monde), this recipe turns a boring pantry staple of rice, into an easy and delicious risotto, that not only looks impressive, but will have the whole family coming back for more!
- Preheat your oven to 160°.
- Set aside one mushroom per person for final presentation and slice each in half. Finely dice the remaining mushrooms and set aside.
- Prepare the chicken tenderloins by wrapping them in DON Premium Butcher’s Style Bacon and chopping up some of the thyme.
- Meanwhile, prepare 500 mL of chicken stock on the stove and gently simmer away uncovered in preparation for making your risotto.
- Drizzle a hot frying pan with olive oil, add the clove of garlic, the diced Oyster mushrooms and a couple of sprigs of thyme and rosemary. Cook on a medium heat for 30 seconds on each side or until your mushrooms have browned.
- Place to the side and fry your mushroom slices for risotto presentation. Set aside once browned.
- Place your bacon wrapped chicken tenderloins in the pan and fry on a medium heat on each side to release the bacon’s fat. Make sure to caramelize each side.
- Once slightly golden, place them in an oven tray topped with 1 sprig of thyme and 1 sprig of rosemary and cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 160°.
- In a pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and gently cook the rice, when the grains are toasted add the diced mushroom and the first two scoops of pre-prepared stock. Slowly add the remaining stock one scoop at a time, stirring occasionally and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, mix in the remaining butter and all of the parmesan. This procedure is called “mantecare” and it’s the most important part of the dish. It will make your risotto creamier and smoother
- To plate, put 2 scoops of risotto in each dish. Slice each of your chicken tenderloins wrapped in DON Premium Butcher’s Style Bacon in half and gently place on top of the risotto. Decorate by adding your halved presentation mushrooms and remaining herbs to serve.
- 8 slices of DON Premium Butchers Style Bacon
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup (200g) arborio rice
- 16 large oyster mushrooms
- 120 g of butter
- 120 g of parmesan
- 4 sprigs of Thyme
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 mL Chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Oil