American Style Chilli Dogs18 Jul 2019
Inspired by the classic American favourite! This spicy chilli dog is a delicious treat. Tip: Add a bit of American yellow mustard for that true Yankee style dog!
- Serves 4
- 4 x DON® Americana Dogs with 100% Beef
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- ½ stick celery, finely diced
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- Dash of chilli powder, to taste
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 dry chipotle chilli
- ½ cup beef stock
- 100g beef mince
- ¼ bunch oregano, leaved picked and chopped
- Seasoning, to taste
- ½ x 425g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 soft hotdog buns
- 2 cups shredded tasty cheese
- 2-3 Jalapeños, diced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in heavy saucepan, fry tomato, carrot, celery and onion until just coloured. Add spices and fry until aromatic. Add tomato paste, chipotle, beef stock and bring to a simmer.
- Fry mince with remaining oil until browned. Add to chilli ragout then simmer for 35-40 minutes. Add oregano, seasoning and kidney beans. Set aside.
- Steam frankfurts in steamer.
- To assemble, split buns and place cheese at bottom, followed by frankfurts, plenty of chilli ragout and jalapeños.